Thursday, August 24, 2006

Jesus take the wheel?

So this comes from the idea that we are in a car with Jesus and rather than just letting him navigate... we actually let him take the wheel and lead us in the right direction. But how's this for an analogy:

Jesus and I are on a way to a party. He knows the way. I've got a general idea 'cause I Googled it earlier. We take off in two seperate vehicals; Jesus leads the way and I follow in my car close behind. No one can drive my car for me. I've got to do it myself, but Jesus can lead the way.

Sometimes Jesus turns off the freeway onto a frontage road and I say to myself, "Jesus, come on. What are we doing over here winding around these little roads hitting stop signs?" Just about then, I look over and see the freeway is all torn up because of construction. Traffic is at a stand-still. No way could I have known about the construction from Google. Jesus is stopped at the stop sign in front of me pointing and giving me a thumbs up as if to say, "Oh yeah, I'm good".

Other times I think Jesus is going a little too slow for my taste and I take the lead for a bit. Normally, I immediately get lost but luckily, Jesus is there with me to get back on track. Jesus kind of rolls his eyes at me, but he wants me to come to the party with him, so we continue.

Sometimes I get tired of driving and don't feel like continuing, but then I remember that Jesus' dad set this party up and it's going to totally rock. I want to go and I know that if I don't follow Jesus, I'm never going to find this place.

But sometimes I just plain zone out, don't pay attention to where I'm driving, barely avoid some accidents and then snap out of it and say to myself, "Woh! Jesus, I almost lost ya for a minute there." Inattentive driving can be very dangerous and if you crash, you could be done.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that analogy is amazing, john

August 24, 2006 6:24 PM  
Blogger fatanda said...

You're so wise... you're like a miniature Buddah, covered in hair. Seriously though, you are amazing John.

August 24, 2006 8:15 PM  
Blogger Petey Boy said...

yeah, nice.

August 28, 2006 12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home